Re: Time to start the PR machine - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Time to start the PR machine
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Satoshi,

> <grin> a little tooting your own horn?
>
> I've not been able to test (yet) that high amounts of shared_buffers
> actually *do* anything useful.   Now, when we get 64-bit *sort* mem ...

Sorry, that was a little too offhand.  What I meant is that only features
which show some real functionality, buzzword-compliance or major performance
increase are going to make the "short list" for the main press release.
Other features (and there are a lot of them, some of which I personally like
more than the big name features) go on the extended list on the web page.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions