Re: Purely declarative FKs - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Christophe Pettus
Subject Re: Purely declarative FKs
Date
List pgsql-general

> On Oct 16, 2023, at 00:51, Thiemo Kellner <thiemo@gelassene-pferde.biz> wrote:
> Question: Are there plans to provide a feature in PostgreSQL that one can have foreign keys for purely documentation
purpose- I know, one could use a modelling tool and just not implement the FKs, but my reality is, there is hardly ever
amodelling tool involved.

The answer to the specific question is, no, I don't believe that there any plans to implement purely documentary
foreignkeys.

If you need this information, and need it stored with the schema (as opposed to external documentation), database
commentsare the most reasonable place to put it.