Re: [HACKERS] Is "query" a reserved word in 8.3 plpgsql? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Is "query" a reserved word in 8.3 plpgsql?
Date
Re: [HACKERS] Is "query" a reserved word in 8.3 plpgsql?  ("Todd A. Cook" <tcook@blackducksoftware.com>)
List pgsql-general
"Scott Marlowe" <scott.marlowe@gmail.com> writes:
> On Nov 9, 2007 5:14 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> [ thinks for a bit... ]  It might be possible to get rid of the keyword
>> and have RETURN QUERY be recognized by an ad-hoc strcmp test, much like
>> the various direction keywords in FETCH have been handled without making
>> them real keywords.  It'd be a bit uglier but it'd avoid making QUERY
>> be effectively a reserved word.

> It's not uncommon to have auditing triggers store things in tables
> with fields named query in them.  I know I have a few places that do
> this...

It turned out to be a very easy change, so it's done: QUERY isn't a
reserved word anymore.

            regards, tom lane