Re: Error from trigger - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Error from trigger
Date
List pgsql-sql
"Leif B. Kristensen" <leif@solumslekt.org> writes:
> On Thursday 08 December 2005 00:23, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Offhand this looks like you might have dropped and recreated the
>> event_citations table?  If so it's just the known problem that
>> plpgsql caches plans and doesn't throw them away when the referenced
>> objects change.

> Right on target. Thank you. A few days ago, as I have already related on
> this list, I did the following to fix a bad design with inherited
> tables:
> I've run a VACUUM FULL ANALYZE, but that doesn't seem to cure the
> situation. Is there a way to fix it, short of a full dump, drop, and
> reload?

Just starting a fresh session should make the problem go away, or if
that's not practical update the function definition using ALTER FUNCTION
or CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION.  (You don't need to actually *change*
anything about the function, just issue a command that could change it.)

If that doesn't make the error go away then we need to look more
closely at what's causing it.
        regards, tom lane