Re: FATAL: no such database - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: FATAL: no such database
Date
List pgsql-novice
[ please keep the list cc'd ]

BeeRich Lists <bee.lists@gmail.com> writes:
>> On Feb 21, 2022, at 3:43 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> Well, that's just odd.  Do you have any nondefault extensions loaded into
>> the database?

> I have installed the following (what I remember, just a handful).  I’m unclear which ones :

>  cube          | 1.4     | public     | data type for multidimensional cubes
>  earthdistance | 1.1     | public     | calculate great-circle distances on the surface of the Earth
>  hstore        | 1.6     | public     | data type for storing sets of (key, value) pairs
>  pg_trgm       | 1.4     | public     | text similarity measurement and index searching based on trigrams
>  plpgsql       | 1.0     | pg_catalog | PL/pgSQL procedural language
>  uuid-ossp     | 1.1     | public     | generate universally unique identifiers (UUIDs)

None of those contain that string, either.

In any case, a generic extension wouldn't cause this problem,
it'd have to be something that adds code to session start.
I'm pretty sure that could only be modules that are listed
in shared_preload_libraries or session_preload_libraries;
have you got entries in either one?

[ thinks for a bit... ]  Another possibility perhaps is that
you've got something in front of the server, like a connection
pooler, and it's not coping.

            regards, tom lane