Re: Improving RLS planning - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Improving RLS planning
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> This might work for RLS policies, if they can only reference a single
> table, but I can't see how it's going to work for security barrier
> views.  For example, consider CREATE VIEW v WITH (security_barrier) AS
> SELECT * FROM x, y WHERE x.a = y.a followed by SELECT * FROM v WHERE
> leak(somefield).  somefield is necessarily coming from either x or y,
> and you can't let it be passed to leak() except for rows where the
> join qual has been satisfied.

Right, so quals from above the SB view would have to not be allowed to
drop below the join level (but they could fall *to* the join level,
where they'd be applied after the join's own quals).  I mentioned that
in the part of the message you cut.  I don't have a detailed design yet
but it seems possible, and I expect it to be a lot simpler than the Rube
Goldberg design we've got for SB views now.