Re: Issues with building snap packages and psql - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: Issues with building snap packages and psql
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 10/26/2016 10:16 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Is psql getting the home directory from /etc/passwd?
>
> Yes, of course.
>
>> If so what can we do about that?
>
> Fix your /etc/passwd entry?  Seems unlikely that psql is the only
> program that believes that entry.

It isn't that simple. Snap packages are similar to a chroot. My home
directory *is* /home/jd but snap packages can't write to that because of
the isolation.

Sincerely,

JD

--
Command Prompt, Inc.                  http://the.postgres.company/                        +1-503-667-4564
Unless otherwise stated, opinions are my own.