Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Allow psql multi-line column values to align - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Allow psql multi-line column values to align
Date
List pgsql-patches
> Does PostgreSQL have a policy on the signedness of strings?

For the most part we say "char" where we can and "unsigned char" only
where it really matters, which is mostly inside code that's
encoding-aware anyway.

It was only fairly recently that we cleaned the code up to avoid
signedness warnings, but now that that's done I don't want to backtrack
on it.  What I'd suggest is taking a close look at the set of functions
you have and trying to identify a layer that should be "unsigned char"
versus upper layers that can just say "char".

            regards, tom lane