Re: MySQL-ism help patch for psql - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: MySQL-ism help patch for psql
Date
Patch rev 2: MySQL-ism help patch for psql  (David Christensen <david@endpoint.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 5:14 PM, David E. Wheeler <david@kineticode.com> wrote:
> Why would they want more? It's not MySQL, and they know that. If we give them some very minor helpful hints for the
mostcommon things they try to do, it would be a huge benefit to them. I know I've badly wanted the opposite when I've
hadto use MySQL, but I don't expect MySQL to implement \c for me.

+1.  I think this is a well-thought out proposal.  I like Tom's
suggestion upthread for how to handle \c.

Although the deadline for patches for 8.5 has supposedly already passed....

...Robert