Patch rev 2: MySQL-ism help patch for psql - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David Christensen
Subject Patch rev 2: MySQL-ism help patch for psql
Date
Re: Patch rev 2: MySQL-ism help patch for psql  (Rob Wultsch <wultsch@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Jan 19, 2010, at 4:23 PM, Robert Haas wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 5:14 PM, David E. Wheeler <david@kineticode.com
> > wrote:
>> Why would they want more? It's not MySQL, and they know that. If we
>> give them some very minor helpful hints for the most common things
>> they try to do, it would be a huge benefit to them. I know I've
>> badly wanted the opposite when I've had to use MySQL, but I don't
>> expect MySQL to implement \c for me.
>
> +1.  I think this is a well-thought out proposal.  I like Tom's
> suggestion upthread for how to handle \c.

I've attached a second revision of this patch incorporating the
various feedback I've received.

> Although the deadline for patches for 8.5 has supposedly already
> passed....

Yeah, I realized this after I scratched my itch, and had just thought
I would send to the list any way for after the CF; you can commit or
bump as needed.  Patch enclosed as a context-diff attachment this time.

Regards,

David
--
David Christensen