Re: Buffer statistics for pg_stat_statements - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: Buffer statistics for pg_stat_statements
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 3:31 AM, Takahiro Itagaki
<itagaki.takahiro@oss.ntt.co.jp> wrote:

> Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>
>> > I don't necessarily know what the right thing to do with the new ones
>> > is, but I am pretty sure that pg_indent will revert any changes you
>> > make to the existing ones.
>>
>> That it will.  The proposed changes to the existing lines are an
>> exercise in uselessness; and to the extent that you format the added
>> lines with this layout in mind, the final result could be worse than
>> what you'd get if you adapt to pg_indent's rules to start with.
>
> Here is the proposed patch to adjust white spaces.
> It does not indent variables, but indents comments of the variables
> to adjust other fields. Are those changes ok?

I think so.  I'm not sure if it will push out the comment that is
immediately adjacent to the trailing semicolon, but I don't think it
will decrease the indent on the ones you've indented more.  I think
this is close enough for now and you should go ahead and commit it.

...Robert