Re: Commitfest Code Sprint with PUGs - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: Commitfest Code Sprint with PUGs
Date
Re: Commitfest Code Sprint with PUGs
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Sep 3, 2009 at 1:54 PM, Webb Sprague<webb.sprague@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Josh et al,
>
> I believe we are all still interested (Selena? Gabrielle?)
>
> How about this: 6:00 Tuesday evening (Pacific), the three of us (and
> anybody else) agree to be around a table with laptops on, cellphones
> ready, listening at an IRC channel. Could you assign us good patches
> before then (like 10)?  And then we commit, commit, commit.
>
> I think we should think of this as a dry run where we iron out the
> details, and then maybe the following saturday do it again on a larger
> scale?

The CommitFest is scheduled to start 9/15, so doing this on 9/8 might
be a bit too soon.  I wouldn't object to doing it a few days before
the start of the CommitFest to flush out any patches with obvious
problems, but I think a week ahead of time is too much.

Also, I don't think anything is going to committed as a result of this
- the goal is to post reviewers to pgsql-hackers.

...Robert