Re: Commitfest 2009-07 - 6 patches moved to "Returned with Feedback" - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: Commitfest 2009-07 - 6 patches moved to "Returned with Feedback"
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Aug 8, 2009 at 12:33 PM, Tom Lane<tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> As we are now into the last week of this CommitFest (hopefully), I
>> have moved all of the patches that were listed as "Waiting on Author"
>> to "Returned with Feedback".  I feel pretty good about doing this
>> because most of these patches have been waiting on author for a long
>> time, or they were reviewed multiple times and got a lot of good
>> feedback, or both.  Hopefully we will see many of these patches again
>> in the next CommitFest:
>
>> GRANT ON ALL IN schema
>> DefaultACLs
>> Indexam API changes
>> Index-only quals
>> Support for EEEE in to_char()
>> Determine client_encoding from client locale
>
> The only one of these that seemed to me to be close to the finish line
> was the to_char patch.  If Brendan can re-submit that in the next day or
> two, I think we should still consider it for this fest.

Well, in an ideal world, we would be able to commit patches whenever
they come in, so if you have the bandwidth to get this one in, I think
that's great.  But, I also think it's important for us to try to close
out the CommitFest in the next week so that we can all get back to
working on our own patches for a bit.  Although some of the patches on
the wiki are marked "Needs Review" and others are marked "Ready for
Committer", in fact nearly all of them need some committer attention
at this point.

I think the ones that could most use your attention are:

- Named and mixed notation for PL (understand you are already working on this)
- machine-readable explain output (not sure whether this is
committable, but it may be close enough for you to whack it into shape
fairly quickly: at least I'd like to get some feedback)
- Parser's hook based on FuncCall (Jeff Davis is also still reviewing
this one, I believe; it's unclear whether we want to accept this)

...Robert