Re: a few crazy ideas about hash joins - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: a few crazy ideas about hash joins
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 5:11 PM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
> Robert Haas wrote:
>> On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 9:55 AM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
>> > Are there any TODOs here?
>>
>> I'd say that all of the items listed in my original email could be
>> TODOs.  I'm planning to work on as many of them as I have time for.
>> Ramon Lawrence is also working on some related ideas, as discussed
>> upthread.  AFAICS no one has expressed the idea that anything that's
>> been talked about is a bad idea, so it's just a question of finding
>> enough round tuits.
>
> OK, would you please add them to the Index/Hash section of the TODO
> list;  I am afraid I will not do the justice.

I think perhaps Optimizer / Executor would be more appropriate, since
these are not about hash indices but rather about hash joins.  I will
look at doing that.

Also I think the last item under Index / Hash is actually NOT done,
and belongs in the main index section rather than Index / Hash.

The first item in the Index / Hash section doesn't really look like a
TODO, or at the very least it's unclear what the action item is
supposed to be.

...Robert