Re: small but useful patches for text search - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: small but useful patches for text search
Date
Re: small but useful patches for text search  (Robert Treat <xzilla@users.sourceforge.net>)
Re: small but useful patches for text search  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
OK, I am all wet.  I now understand why the editing is the
time-consuming part of this job.  On the plus side it is probably
possible to parallelize it to some degree by splitting the list into N
pieces after the "remove insignificant items" step.

With respect to this item:
Disable appending of the epoch date/time when '%' escapes are missing
in log_filename (Robert Haas)
I might suggest explaining it this way:
This change makes it easier to use PostgreSQL in conjunction with an
external log rotation tool.

The following item uses "of" where it should say "if":
Throw an error of an escape character is the last character in a LIKE
pattern (nothing to escape) (Tom)

...Robert