Re: small but useful patches for text search - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Treat
Subject Re: small but useful patches for text search
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wednesday 25 March 2009 23:17:41 Robert Haas wrote:
> With respect to this item:
> Disable appending of the epoch date/time when '%' escapes are missing
> in log_filename (Robert Haas)
> I might suggest explaining it this way:
> This change makes it easier to use PostgreSQL in conjunction with an
> external log rotation tool.

Hey! We were just complaining about this behavior the other day at $dayjob. We
were considering hacking our build to make it stop doing this ourselves, but
decided to use syslog in the end.  Nice to see this "feature" disappear. :-)

--
Robert Treat
Conjecture: http://www.xzilla.net