Re: archive status ".ready" files may be created too early - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Anastasia Lubennikova
Subject Re: archive status ".ready" files may be created too early
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 14.10.2020 03:06, Kyotaro Horiguchi wrote:
> The patch includes a fix for primary->standby case. But I'm not sure
> we can do that in the cascaded case. A standby is not aware of the
> structure of a WAL blob and has no idea of up-to-where to send the
> received blobs. However, if we can rely on the behavior of CopyData
> that we always receive a blob as a whole sent from the sender at once,
> the cascaded standbys are free from the trouble (as far as the
> cascaded-standby doesn't crash just before writing the last-half of a
> record into pg_wal and after archiving the last full-segment, which
> seems unlikely.).
>
> regards.

Status update for a commitfest entry.

This entry was "Waiting on author" during this CF. As I see, the latest
message contains new version of the patch.
Does it need more work? Are you going to continue working on it?

--
Anastasia Lubennikova
The Russian Postgres Company