Re: BUG #5308: How to disable Case sensitivity on naming identifiers - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Chris Travers
Subject Re: BUG #5308: How to disable Case sensitivity on naming identifiers
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 12:11 PM, Kelly SACAULT <kelly.sacault@gmail.com> wr=
ote:

> Bug reference: =A0 =A0 =A05308
> Logged by: =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0Kelly SACAULT
> Email address: =A0 =A0 =A0kelly.sacault@gmail.com
> PostgreSQL version: 8.4.2
> Operating system: =A0 Ubuntu 9.10
ntifiers
> Details:
>
> I have installed Postgresql using Ubuntu Synaptic.
>
> In the contrary of what is stated in the official manual, I have to write
> case sensitive SQL statements in my postgresql connexion.
>
> What parameter do I have to change in the postgresaql configuration ? I h=
ave
> spent many hours in studying the parameters, the faqs and the forums. I h=
ave
> found nothing to make my SQL statements case-insensitive.
> I want to be able to execute successfully such stmts:
>
> SELECT col1 FROM myTABLE
>
> SELECT Col1 FROM myTable
>
> please, may you help ?

I thought PgSQL was case insensitive by default and that both those
would be executed as:
SELECT col1 FROM mytable;

If you are seeing otherwise in the manual, can you provide a section?

Best Wishes,
Chris Travers