Re: Understanding ps -ef "command" column - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Douglas McNaught
Subject Re: Understanding ps -ef "command" column
Date
Re: Understanding ps -ef "command" column
List pgsql-general
On 2/22/08, David Jaquay <djaquay@gmail.com> wrote:
> When I do a ps -ef, in the command column, I see:
>
> postgres: postgres dbname 10.170.1.60(57413) idle
>
> I get all of this, except the "57413".  What does this mean, and more
> importantly, how can I tie that number back to a connection that I've
> acquired via JDBC?

At a guess, it's the ephemeral port number used by the client
connection.  It might be hard to track back in Java because I don't
think the JDBC driver gives you access to the underlying Socket object
(which you could query to find out its local port).

-Doug