Re: Calling function from VFP changes character field to Memo - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Frank Cazabon
Subject Re: Calling function from VFP changes character field to Memo
Date
List pgsql-general
On 15/11/2022 2:48 pm, Adrian Klaver wrote:
> On 11/15/22 10:43 AM, Frank Cazabon wrote:
>
> Please reply to list als.
> Ccing list
Sorry about that, first time using this list and just assumed I was
replying to the list and the list would then notify you

>>> SELECT firstname from FROM public.testFunction();
>> This has the same result.
>
> How about?:
>
> SELECT firstname::varchar(30) from FROM public.testFunction();

That does work, thanks, but it may cause me some logic problems in the
rest of the code. I'll try the type suggestion from Tom and see if that
works and then decide which is my best approach.

Thanks