Re: Issues with PostgreSQL Source Code Installation - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Issues with PostgreSQL Source Code Installation
Date
List pgsql-general
On 9/24/24 09:32, Ayush Vatsa wrote:
>  > Why are you building against the repo instead  of a fixed version from
>  > here?:
> So actually I wanted to modify and playaround with the code,
> hence I am using the github repo and building postgres from it.
>
>  > Did you checkout a given tag?
> I haven't checkout on any branch and currently
> on branch master where I am trying to build postgres

Well I would imagine that could be at any state and not necessarily one
that could be built.

I would go to the source link I posted download a specific version and
verify it builds. Then you know whether your setup is correct. Then you
could go back to exploring the Git code.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com