Re: news ticker Services Policy -- time for a change? - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Jonathan S. Katz
Subject Re: news ticker Services Policy -- time for a change?
Date
List pgsql-www
First off - Stephen took too much credit for sparking this discussion - I approved the entry for postgresql.org (he did -announce)

While abiding by the current policy (http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/NewsEventsApproval), I did thoroughly research what 2ndQuadrant was offering and why it would be worthwhile to have as news on our homepage.  My conclusion was that they service was well-defined and different from past well-defined service offerings and thus could be approved.

Rest of my responses inline: