Re: news ticker Services Policy -- time for a change? - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: news ticker Services Policy -- time for a change?
Date
List pgsql-www
On 06/13/2013 11:30 PM, Gabriele Bartolini wrote:

> I am sure that you have shared the same uncomfortable feeling of
> speaking in front of hundreds of people about how good open source
> software is, then being followed by O**cle or MS salesmen/speakers
> saying: "Yes, open source software is cool ... but ... what happens if
> on a Sunday afternoon your database breaks?".

I usually followed up with, well I call "Insert 12 companies here" which
lead Oracle or MS to be fairly contrite and unable to make a come back.

It has been a long time since I have ran into those issues. We aren't
niche anymore, a lot of that is in fact thanks to Oracle.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

--
Command Prompt, Inc. - http://www.commandprompt.com/  509-416-6579