Re: news ticker Services Policy -- time for a change? - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: news ticker Services Policy -- time for a change?
Date
Re: news ticker Services Policy -- time for a change?  ("Greg Sabino Mullane" <greg@turnstep.com>)
List pgsql-www
On 06/13/2013 07:14 PM, Stephen Frost wrote:
> You know, I considered that distinction also...  Perhaps we should have
> different policies for front-page news vs -announce.  I was speaking
> from the -announce part (which is what I had approved, to be clear).  At
> the same time, I was thinking "well, people who care about 'does PG have
> commerical support options?' aren't likely to be the people subscribed
> to -announce", so, from that perspective, it seemed to make sense to me.

If anything, the policy for -announce ought to be *more* restrictive
than for the news ticker.  We already have sysadmins who refuse to
subscribe to -announce because there's too much dreck in it, and as a
result don't know about security releases.

I hate to abuse a equine corpse, but maybe we should have a
releases-only feed (mail and rss), and then we can be fairly liberal
about what we let on the general -announce?

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.