Re: Tracking down deadlocks - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ben
Subject Re: Tracking down deadlocks
Date
List pgsql-general
I hate to reply so quickly to my own post, but I found out how to turn
on the current_query (I somehow missed that config file line - doh!).

It turns out that my insert statements are blocking each other. (An
insert in one thread blocks the same insert with different values in
another thread.) That's curious to me, as I thought that inserts were
atomic? It doesn't happen for all inserts, just some of them, and the
problem gets worse as the threads increase in number.

I compiled my client libs with thread safety, and am running on linux.