Re: Tracking down deadlocks - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Csaba Nagy
Subject Re: Tracking down deadlocks
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi Ben,

Check this mailing list for "foreign keys" and "deadlock".
Short info:
Postgres exclusively locks the referenced records of a foreign key
relationship when the child record is updated, so multiple runs (in
different transactions) of one insert query could cause deadlock if they
update rows which reference the same parent keys in reverse order.
Check your foreign keys...

HTH,
Csaba.