Re: load sql from the file in postgresql - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dennis Grimm
Subject Re: load sql from the file in postgresql
Date
List pgsql-general

Try using this, even on a windows system:

\i /psql/loaddata.sql

psql likes *nix path names

From: pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org [mailto:pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Sukuchha Shrestha
Sent: Friday, April 29, 2011 5:40 AM
To: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Subject: [GENERAL] load sql from the file in postgresql

hello group,

I just started to use postgresql and i want to import data using copy command in a loop.

Here is what i did !

1) following content with name loaddata.sql.

\copy table from 'C:\psql\x.txt';

\copy table from 'C:\psql\y.txt';

2) My loaddata.sql is located in C:\psql\ therefore i tried to call the loaddata.sql in psql like

\i  C:\psql\loaddata.sql

But it says " C:: Permission denied"

What is a problem ? Please guide me ! Is there any better way to call copy commad in a loop with varying filename!

regards

Sukuchha

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail, including attachments, may include confidential and/or proprietary information, and may be used only by the person or entity to
which it is addressed. If the reader of this e-mail is not the intended recipient or his or her authorized agent, the reader is hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by replying to this message and delete this e-mail immediately.