load sql from the file in postgresql - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Sukuchha Shrestha
Subject load sql from the file in postgresql
Date
Re: load sql from the file in postgresql
List pgsql-general
hello group,

I just started to use postgresql and i want to import data using copy command in a loop.

Here is what i did !

1) following content with name loaddata.sql.
\copy table from 'C:\psql\x.txt';
\copy table from 'C:\psql\y.txt';

2) My loaddata.sql is located in C:\psql\ therefore i tried to call the loaddata.sql in psql like

\i  C:\psql\loaddata.sql

But it says " C:: Permission denied"

What is a problem ? Please guide me ! Is there any better way to call copy commad in a loop with varying filename!

regards
Sukuchha