- Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Jeffrey Trueblood
Subject
Date
List pgsql-novice
Hello,
I have installed PostgreSQL on Linux SUSE 8.0.
PGSQL is working great,
however, when I try to 'make' any of the software in the ./contrib directory
I get errors similar to this:

************************************
../../contrib/contrib-global.mk:66: ../../src/Makefile.shlib: No such file
or directory
make: *** No rule to make target `../../src/Makefile.shlib'.  Stop.

It seems that the references to directories in Makefile.global are not
pointing to the right place (i.e. they are pointing to non existent
directories).
I tried to rerun the ./configure script from the PostgreSQL install
directory to recreate the Makefile.global, but to no avail.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Jeff