Re: How to isolate the result of SELECT's? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Kiriakos Georgiou
Subject Re: How to isolate the result of SELECT's?
Date
List pgsql-general
In all likelihood you do not want to do what you described (lock the tables.)  You have to have a basic understanding
ofMVCC and transaction isolation levels to determine if the default behavior of mvcc + 'read committed' is sufficient.
Ina lot of cases it is.

Kiriakos