Re: inserts into partitioned table may cause crash - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Etsuro Fujita
Subject Re: inserts into partitioned table may cause crash
Date
List pgsql-hackers
(2018/03/14 17:25), Etsuro Fujita wrote:
> (2018/03/14 14:54), Amit Langote wrote:
>> Btw, I noticed that the patches place ExecPrepareTupleRouting (both the
>> declaration and the definition) at different relative locations within
>> nodeModifyTable.c in the HEAD branch vs. in the 10 branch. It might be a
>> good idea to bring them to the same relative location to avoid hassle
>> when
>> back-patching relevant patches in the future. I did that in the attached
>> updated version (v4) of the patch for HEAD, which does not make any other
>> changes. Although, the patch for PG-10 is unchanged, I still changed its
>> file name to contain v4.
>
> That's a good idea! Thanks for the updated patches!

Sorry, I didn't look at those patches carefully, but I noticed that
while the patch for PG10 has put the definition of that function after
the definitions of functions such as fireBSTriggers, fireASTriggers and
ExecSetupTransitionCaptureState, but the patch for HEAD puts it *before*
the definitions of these functions (note: these functions don't have
their declarations at the file header), which seems a bit inconsistent.
  ISTM that the v3 patches for PG10 and HEAD have already put that
function in the right place in terms of that relativity.

Best regards,
Etsuro Fujita