Re: Time to work on Press Release 8.0 - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Christopher Petrilli
Subject Re: Time to work on Press Release 8.0
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Gang,

While I understand the desire not to share the limit spotlight
available with a press release, I think that addressing the
replication "boogey monster" up front would be good. This is one of
those things that people see as too loosely coupled.  While we can all
agree that no replication solution solves everyone's problem, the
market feels otherwise, and so the more Slony and other sister
projects are mentioned in tandem with other announcements, the more
people will eliminate that silliness from their thoughts.

I do also think that at lerast a paragraph of "thank you" at the end
is appropriate.

Chris