Re: pg_dump ignoring without oids - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pg_dump ignoring without oids
Date
List pgsql-general
"Chris Velevitch" <chris.velevitch@gmail.com> writes:
> On Fri, Apr 4, 2008 at 4:33 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> "Chris Velevitch" <chris.velevitch@gmail.com> writes:
>>> I'm using Centos 5.
>>
>> Um ... Red Hat, who are about as conservative as they come on this type
>> of issue, shipped PG 8.1.x in RHEL 5.  Which benighted PHB decreed that
>> you should be using 7.4.x?

> We're using a shared hosting database service. They were using 7.4
> when we first started using them and they haven't upgraded unless we
> pay them to. We are their only pg customer.

I'm confused.  They updated you to RHEL5, but not to the application
packages that Red Hat ships on RHEL5?

(I'm not sure why you'd want to run a PG-based service on a provider who
so obviously has got zero knowledge, competence, or interest in PG,
but anyway.)

            regards, tom lane