Re: [rfc,patch] PL/Proxy in core - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [rfc,patch] PL/Proxy in core
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"Marko Kreen" <markokr@gmail.com> writes:
> On 5/15/08, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> "Marko Kreen" <markokr@gmail.com> writes:
>>> Eg. how does src/backend/parser/gram.c not leak memory on syntax error?
>>
>> It's not a leak because the memory can be re-used during the next
>> command.

> I may be blind, but I don't see any static variables there.

Sorry, I was confusing bison with flex --- there are static variables
pointing at buffers within a flex scanner.

For bison it looks like defining YYSTACK_ALLOC/YYSTACK_FREE as
palloc/pfree might be a sane thing to do, but I haven't tested it.