Re: bloated heapam.h - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Zdenek Kotala
Subject Re: bloated heapam.h
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Zdenek Kotala wrote:

>>> Ok, good.
>> Hmm, It generates a lot of unnecessary includes in *.c files. I have
>> checked only couple of them and it seems that they are really
>> unnecessary. A attach output. Unfortunately, it does not detect missing
>> heapam.h from bufpage.h. However, I have not tested all magic switches
>> yet :-).  There are also several reports about system headers file, but
>> it could be platform specific warning.
>
> Interesting.  It seems that Bruce's script could be replaced by lint.
> Please share the switches you used.

I used following switches which only shows unused included file. I run command
in backend directory.

lint -I ../include -errtags -errhdr=%all -Ncheck=%none -Nlevel=1 -erroff=%all
-erroff=no%E_INCL_NUSD -c  `find . -name "*.c"` > include.out

Good to mention that I use lint from Sun Studio 12.

    Zdenek