Re: [GENERAL] Causeless CPU load waves in backend, on windows, 9.5.5(EDB binary). - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Nikolai Zhubr
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Causeless CPU load waves in backend, on windows, 9.5.5(EDB binary).
Date
Re: [GENERAL] Causeless CPU load waves in backend, on windows, 9.5.5(EDB binary).  (Michael Paquier <michael.paquier@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-general
13.02.2017 23:58, Rader, David:
> How about using pg_isready?
> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/app-pg-isready.html

But it doesn't actually communicate with the server AFAIK, just checks
if a connection could be established?

Maybe I should have been more specific.
What I need is debugging/profiling pure communication side of server
operation, implying huge lots of requests and replies going over the
wire to and from the server within some continued (valid) session, but
so that the server is not actually doing anything above that (no sql, no
locking, no synchronizing, zero usefull activity, just pumping network I/O)

Regards,
Nikolai