Re: what happens if a failed transaction is not rolled back? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: what happens if a failed transaction is not rolled back?
Date
List pgsql-general
> Hm. I also noticed when looking at this that aborted transactions with
> savepoints are not subjected to the idle_in_transaction timeout which is a
> bit surprising.

Hmm ... I think it's intentional that idle_in_transaction no longer
applies once the transaction has failed.  But if there's a live
savepoint, then we should enforce it since resources may still be
held.  Seems like a bug, if your observation is accurate.

            regards, tom lane