Re: PG Email Client - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jean-Gérard Pailloncy
Subject Re: PG Email Client
Date
List pgsql-general
> Jean-Gérard Pailloncy wrote:
>> I do not have test numbers rigth now, because I need first to configure
>> the box for virtual hosting, then dspam.
>
> It would be really wonderful if someone managed to combine this with
> dspams own database. Maybe it'd be possible to pull dspam's algorithms
> as a lib into the database?
Right now, you can do without dspam lib.
Here my planned setup:
sendmail --lmtp--> dpsam --lmtp--> aox
with:
- sendmail + sm-pgsql http://blue-labs.org/software/sm-pgsql/
- dpsam + pg_driver + clamav + daemon
- aox (pg db)

So all the configuration and data will be in pg.
With few rules, everything should rock!

For sendmail config, I am testing
- local-host-names with only mail.domain.com
- accessdb with pg_map and a view to aox user db.
I plan to use no virtual domain in local-host-names and RELAY in access_db
because I want sendmail to be able to test which email adress is OK at
RCPT time. I do no want to spool the file, then send to lmtp send bounce
in case of error.

I will add a virtualuser/aliases to manage .forward-like with pg.

Right now, sendmail+aox works.
I am on the road to sendmail+pg+virtual_domain+oax.

> I've been wanting an IMAP spam drop-box like forever, this seems like a
> possibility to achieve this. Combine a spam/not-spam trigger to specific
> IMAP boxes and make those update dspam's statistics - seems possible :)
On solution I seen on the web (but do not remember the URL) is to use 3
specials folders in INBOX: quarantine, ham, spam.
- HAM go to INBOX
- SPAM go to INBOX.qarantine
- false-HAM is moved by user to INBOX.spam
- false-SPAM is moved by user to INBOX.ham
- a cron script retrain dspam with messages in INBOX.ham and then move
messages to INBOX
- a cron script retrain dspam with messages in INBOX.spam and then move
messages to INBOX.quarantine
- a cron script delete old messages (<14 days) from INBOX.qarantine

May be a trigger that call some external program and tell dspam to
retrain. I need more time to study that.

Cordialement,
Jean-Gérard Pailloncy