Re: backup.sgml patch that adds information on custom format backups - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Ivan Lezhnjov IV
Subject Re: backup.sgml patch that adds information on custom format backups
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Alright gentlemen here we go, take two.

backup.sgml-cmd-v002.patch addresses your feedback and offers a better worded statements that avoid implying that some
featuresare being deprecated when it isn't the case. We also spent some more time polishing other details, like making
adjustmentsto the tone of the text so that it sounds like a manual, not a blog post, more importantly, making it clear
thatsuperuser privileges are not always required to perform a successful backup in practice as long as the role used to
makethe backup has sufficient read privileges on all of the objects a user is interested in. We also mention and show
examplesof usage for pigz alongside with gzip, and probably something else too :P Please, see the diff file attached to
thismessage for complete and detailed log of the changes.

Attachment