Re: Filtering DatabaseMetaData to show only the items forwhich the current user has access - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From danap
Subject Re: Filtering DatabaseMetaData to show only the items forwhich the current user has access
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Vladimir Sitnikov wrote:
> Dave>I think a connection parameter patch might be acceptable.
>
> I think the main question is which filters should be enabled by default.
> For instance: should it list a table that is read-only (i.e. no write grants)?

My application requires access to possible read-only tables to gain
functionality, like for instance creating schema for the database.
I would have to check.

Is it really the functionlity of the JDBC to limit access to the
database? Which is already provided through the DatabaseMetaData.

Filter by default on tables that are not readable or writable is
one thing, but limiting by default read-only tables is going to
possibly limit functionality of clients which depend on these
tables for information.

danap.