Re: WIP: About CMake v2 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Subject Re: WIP: About CMake v2
Date
Re: WIP: About CMake v2  (Christian Convey <christian.convey@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On 08/18/2016 09:42 PM, Christian Convey wrote:
> Hi Tom,
>
> Thanks for that information.
>
> Is there some document I can read that explains which platform
> versions (e.g., OpenBSD 5.3) are considered strongly supported?

well not sure we have very clear document on that - I would say that the
buildfarm is the most authoritative answer to that. So I think skimming
the buildfarm for the oldest and strangest platforms would be a good start.

> I ask because I'm curious if/how someone in Yury's situation could
> predict which minimum version of CMake must be supported in order for
> his patch to be accepted.  (And if he accepts my offer to pitch in,
> I'll actually need that particular detail.)

well I personally think the level to meet would be that all the systems
on the buildfarm that can build -HEAD at the time the patch is proposed
for a commit should be able to build using the new system with whatever
cmake version is available in those by default (if it is at all).

Stefan