Re: WIP: About CMake v2 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Subject Re: WIP: About CMake v2
Date
Re: WIP: About CMake v2  (Yury Zhuravlev <u.zhuravlev@postgrespro.ru>)
List pgsql-hackers
On 06/29/2016 06:23 PM, Yury Zhuravlev wrote:
> Hello Hackers.
>
> I decided to talk about the current state of the project:
> 1. Merge with 9.6 master. 2. plpython2, plpython3, plperl, pltcl, plsql
> all work correctly (all tests pass).
> 3. Works done for all contrib modules. 4. You can use gettext, .po->.mo
> will have converted by CMake.  5. All test pass under some Linux,
> FreeBSD, Solaris10 (on Sparc), Windows MSVC 2015. MacOSX I think not big
> trouble too.  6. Prototype for PGXS (with MSVC support) done.
> I think is very big progress but I came across one problem.
> I not have access to many OS and platforms. For each platform need tests
> and small fixes. I can't develop and give guarantee without it.
>
> I think this is very important work which makes it easier further
> support Postgres but I can not do everything himself. It's physically
> impossible.
>
> I think without community support I can't do significantly more.
>
> Current version you can get here:
> https://github.com/stalkerg/postgres_cmake

hmm how do you actually want reports on how it works?

I just played with it on spoonbill (OpenBSD 5.3/sparc64) and got this:

CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:1250 (file): file does not recognize sub-command GENERATE

CMake Error at src/port/CMakeLists.txt:156 (target_compile_definitions): Unknown CMake command
"target_compile_definitions".

there is also a ton of stuff like:

Make Error: Internal CMake error, TryCompile generation of cmake failed
-- Looking for opterr - not found
-- Looking for optreset
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:10 (ADD_EXECUTABLE): Target "cmTryCompileExec3458204847" links to item " m" which has
leading or trailing whitespace.  This is now an error according to policy CMP0004.

CMake Error: Internal CMake error, TryCompile generation of cmake failed
-- Looking for optreset - not found
-- Looking for fseeko
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:10 (ADD_EXECUTABLE): Target "cmTryCompileExec2628321539" links to item " m" which has
leading or trailing whitespace.  This is now an error according to policy CMP0004.

CMake Error: Internal CMake error, TryCompile generation of cmake failed

which I have no idea whether they are an actual problem or just
"configure" noise

Stefan