Re: Build broken with nmake since ea74e47 - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Inoue, Hiroshi
Subject Re: Build broken with nmake since ea74e47
Date
List pgsql-odbc
Hi Michael,

On 2016/07/02 20:18, Inoue, Hiroshi wrote:
> Hi Michael,
>
> On 2016/07/01 13:27, Michael Paquier wrote:
>> On Thu, Jun 30, 2016 at 12:45 AM, Michael Paquier
>> <michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Since commit ea74e47, the build with nmake is broken:
>>> NMAKE : fatal error U1073: don't know how to make
>>> 'exe\connect-test.exe'
>>> I have yet to diagnose what is wrong here, but a guess is that win.mak
>>> is missing a trick.
>> After spending some time on that, I can reproduce the problem, but I
>> have little idea how to properly link each exe and src file with
>> common.obj at the same time using this nmake Makefile. ea74e47 has
>> really introduced a broken concept in win.mak, and I am sure that this
>> has not been tested. Could it be possible to get back to the prior
>> behavior for just nmake? For example the patch attached does the job
>> for me again.
>
> Oops my mistake.
> The commit was irrelevant to Windows..
> I would put back the change.
> Thanks.

After looking at regression test on Windows, I'm inclined to go forward
rather
than putting back win.mak, i.e. build obj and exe in exe directory. I
don't want
to put them in src directory because I specified src directory as
EXTRA_DIST.
I would also use fc command instead of diff command on Windows.

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue