Re: CDC feature request - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Álvaro Hernández
Subject Re: CDC feature request
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On 18/3/21 14:03, Stepan Yankevych wrote:

Hi All!

Hopefully I’m using correct mail list

If not please show me right direction 😊

I’m quite struggling without native Change Data Capture feature in PostgreSQL.

That would be great to implement it, possibly in not so complicated way.

Can Logical replication be a little be modified or reused to do not replicate data into destination table as is but to insert each change into “change table” (like in oracle 11 CDC)?

That change table should have at lease few additional columns

  • Operation (I/D/U)
  • txid
  • Commit_time_stamp

Thanks!

Stepan Yankevych

    Hi Stepan.

    I would recommend you to check https://debezium.io/, it stores every change in Kafka with detailed metadata, and you can later transform and/or inject it into any destination, with great level of flexibility, using any of the database connectors available.

    Álvaro

--

Alvaro Hernandez

OnGres