Re: CDC feature request - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Ronan Dunklau
Subject Re: CDC feature request
Date
List pgsql-hackers

>> That change table should have at lease few additional columns
>>
>> * Operation (I/D/U)
>> * txid
>> * Commit_time_stamp
>
> If you look at logical decoding, that's basically what you have, isn't
> it? It won't go into a table, but you can consume it into one if you
> want. Look at for example wal2json for examples of how to consume it
> -- but the system is pluggable so you can build your own or use one of
> the others available plugins.

Hello,

At my work, we basically did that, using wal2json, here:
https://github.com/peopledoc/connemara/blob/master/connemara_replication/src/connemara_replication.c

The code is quite simple, you could probably inspire yourself from that,
or even use it directly if your needs are basic and match was is
offered. The replication code was written to be as fast and simple as
possible.