Re: [BUGS] Routine analyze of single column prevents standard autoanalyze from running at all - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Josh berkus
Subject Re: [BUGS] Routine analyze of single column prevents standard autoanalyze from running at all
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 06/06/2016 01:38 PM, Tom Lane wrote:

> Also, I'd be a bit inclined to disable the counter reset whenever a column
> list is specified, disregarding the corner case where a list is given but
> it includes all the table's analyzable columns.  It doesn't really seem
> worth the effort to account for that case specially (especially after
> you consider that index expressions should count as analyzable columns).
>
> Thoughts?

+1.  Better to err on the side of duplicate analyzes than none at all.

Also, I'm not surprised this took so long to discover; I doubt most
users are aware that you *can* analyze individual columns.

Josh Berkus
Red Hat OSAS
(any opinions are my own)