Re: Partitioning and ORM tools - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Kris Deugau
Subject Re: Partitioning and ORM tools
Date
List pgsql-general
Melvin Davidson wrote:
> Your problem seems strange as it has never been previously reported for
> anyone else that has _successfully_ set up partioning.

At least as of when I asked a very similar question
(http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/547F7E88.7080901@vianet.ca#547F7E88.7080901@vianet.ca),
the answer amounted to "deal with it", "don't use partitioning",
"copy-and-delete rather than redirecting the INSERT" (causes undesirable
VACUUM side effects) or "insert directly in the child table".

The problem is not data going astray, or not getting inserted at all,
it's the fact that the number of rows inserted is returned as 0 - due to
the fact that the rows are not in fact inserted in the parent table when
configured as per the example in the docs.

-kgd