Re: Database not starting in init.d - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Database not starting in init.d
Date
List pgsql-general
On 03/17/2016 08:20 AM, ray madigans.org wrote:
> I am attempting to setup a small postgresql database on a beaglebone
> black.  The application is slow so I am storing the database on a 64GB
> microsd card.  I formatted the drive, mounted it all correctly.
>
> I logged in as postgres
>
> sudo su postgres
>
> # create the database cluster
>
> ./initdb /data   # the mountpoint is /data
>
> # It all seemed to work correctly.  I can
>
> ./postgres -D /data and the cluster seems to start correctly.
>
> I want the database to start in init.d so I edited the three lines in
> /etc/postgresql/9.1/postgresql.conf and pointed the three entries to
> /data.  When I start the machine the database fails with the following
> in the log file

> autovacuum launcher started
>
> database system is ready

The server has started and is ready to go.

> incomplete startup packet

Looks like something is trying to connect and failing.

Would that be the application you mention above?

> received smart shutdown request

Something sent a SIGTERM.

What OS are you using on the board?

Are you hitting the OOM killer?