Re: pgsql: Code cleanup in the wake of recent LWLock refactoring. - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Heikki Linnakangas
Subject Re: pgsql: Code cleanup in the wake of recent LWLock refactoring.
Date
List pgsql-committers
On 10/02/16 17:12, Robert Haas wrote:
> Code cleanup in the wake of recent LWLock refactoring.
>
> As of commit c1772ad9225641c921545b35c84ee478c326b95e, there's no
> longer any way of requesting additional LWLocks in the main tranche,
> so we don't need NumLWLocks() or LWLockAssign() any more.  Also,
> some of the allocation counters that we had previously aren't needed
> any more either.

(Sorry if this was discussed already, I haven't been paying attention)

LWLockAssign() is used by extensions. Are we OK with just breaking them,
requiring them to change LWLockAssign() with the new mechanism, with
#ifdefs to support multiple server versions? Seems like it shouldn't be
too hard to keep LWLockAssign() around for the benefit of extensions, so
it seems a bit inconsiderate to remove it.

- Heikki