Re: A motion - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Roxanne Reid-Bennett
Subject Re: A motion
Date
Re: A motion  ("Regina Obe" <lr@pcorp.us>)
List pgsql-general
On 1/23/2016 3:31 PM, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> On 01/23/2016 03:08 PM, Adrian Klaver wrote:

>>> Been suggested already, and rejected:
>>>
>>> http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/56970135.6060203@computer.org
>>
>> I'm an optimist.
>
> With respect Adrian, that is a motion that never stands a chance. If
> you don't want to read it, set up a filter that sends it right to the
> round file.

I've drafted any  number of emails to respond to some point in the CoC
discussion and chosen to NOT sent them... primarily because I don't see
that my opinion needs to be expressed individually - others have
expressed the general gist... and what I would likely say will just
contribute to noise.

I am pretty much attempting to ignore the threads at this point,
skipping through them to find the technical discussions.  You are
welcome to respond with a regex that will filter them for us - I haven't
found one that will catch
every thread.

But this is where I will chip in... IMHO (and apparently Adrian's as
well) the  CoC discussion became a "sustained disruption" of the
communal space - and I'll add -  a long time ago.

+1 to Adrian's suggestion - move it into it's own list.  That Adrian is
finding it necessary to leave the -GENERAL list due to the noise... is
Irony with a capital "I" given your stated reasons for the group needing
a CoC.

Roxanne